The new Nigerian Police salary structure offers the Police constable (PC)II a whooping sum of N84,000; as the minimum take-home of a police officer while the Commissioner of Police (CP) smile home with a monthly earning of about N1.5 million.
Below is a list of payment structure by ranks in the Nigerian Police System.
1. Police Constable (PC) II – N84,000
2. Police Constable (PC) I – N86,000
3. Sergeant Copral (SC) – N96,000
4. Sergeant Major (SM) – N119,000
5. Inspector Of Police (IP) II – N167,000
6. Inspector of Police (IP) I – N254,000
7. Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP) II – N271,000
8. Assistant Superintendent of Police(ASP) I – N296,000
9. Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) – N321,000
10. Superintendent of Police (SP) – N342,000
11. Chief Superintendent of Police (CSP) – N419,000
12. Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP) – N483,000
13. Deputy commissioner of police (DCP) – N531,000
14. Commissioner of Police (CP) – N1.5million.