Three Nigerian Army Soldiers have been dismissed from the service over their alleged dealings with a kidnapping syndicate.
Eye9ja reports that the Nigerian Army made this known on Sunday that it has dismissed three soldiers who were arrested among the kidnapping gang in the outskirts of Maiduguri, the Borno state capital.
Maj.-Gen. Olusegun Adeniyi, the Theater Commander, Operation Lafiya Dole, disclosed this while handing over the dismissed soldiers to the police in Maiduguri for prosecution.
Adeniyi disclosed that the soldiers were arrested with 22 other suspects by a joint patrol team in the early hours of Sunday at a building in the outskirts of Maiduguri.
In his words, Adeniyi said; “The three soldiers were caught among the evil group, there was further resistance and attempt to escape, so we tied them up with ropes because handcuffs were not available.
“In addition; we could not put violent men that do these kinds of crimes into a police van to take to the station, there will be breakout on the road and we know what would happen.
“We have to restrain them thoroughly with ropes before we take them and handover to the police.
“The Acting GOC, 7 Division, Brig.-Gen. AK Ibrahim, has conducted military procedures. We do not keep armed robbers, kidnappers and cultists in the army, they had been dismissed.
“We gathered here to witness their handover to the Nigeria Police Force (NPF) for civic action, they are dismissed, and they are no longer soldiers of the Nigerian Army.
“Our code of conduct is strict and high, no evil soldier will be allowed to serve in the army,” Adeniyi said.