Boko Haram Attacks Dapchi
File Photo of Boko Haram Fighters

An unknown number of persons including security personal have been reportedly killed by a Boko Haram attack on Damboa Village, Eye9ja reports.

Eye9ja understands that a local vigilante source told a Nigerian Newspaper that the insurgents had earlier written to the communities of Damboa of their planned attack. Though they were said to have made several failed attempts until Wednesday today when the lunched their attack.

Some of the eyewitnesses said the insurgents came at about 30 gun trucks mounted and began to fire sporadically at anything within sight.

The soldiers were said to be in position, ready to repel attacks, having been pre-informed of the planned attack by the insurgents

“When they starting shooting people began to run to the bush. The hunters and CJTF along with soldiers engaged them, but it seems they have come prepared until the soldiers get air support before the insurgents began to withdraw, ” Adamu Yusuf disclosed.

Another resident, Isa Adamu said, the insurgents were being expected since yesterday, but they did not show up until this morning and they came from three directions, a situation which almost threw the soldiers into confusion.

Eye9ja reports that Damboa is a community in Borno, located between Alagarno and Sambisa forest.

However, the number of casualties is still not certain as no official statement has been released by the Nigerian Army.

This comes in just hours after this online news platform had reports that the United States government was giving out a whooping reward to anyone with useful information that could lead to the arrest of Abubakar Shekau, the leader of the dreaded Boko Haram group.

 

…More details to follow

Facebook Comments
Eye 9ja is a digital news platform, strategically focussed on identifying, bringing into limelight the eluded gists in every news