The Kogi State Government has while reacting to coronavirus in Kogi state, rejected the report of the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control, (NCDC) that two cases of COVID-19 were recorded within the province.
Speaking on the alleged report via a statement on Wednesday, Saka Haruna Audu, Kogi health commissioner, said the state government has developed “full testing capacity” and “conducted hundreds of tests” which have all come back negative.
Eye9ja recalls that the NCDC had in its latest revelation on COVID-19 reports, revealed that the states has recorded first case of the disease.
However, In the statement, Audu said the state would not be a party “to any fictitious COVID-19 claims”.
“Kogi State till this very moment is Covid-19 free. We have developed full testing capacity and have conducted hundreds of tests so far which have come back negative,” he said.
“We have also continued to insist that we will not be a party to any fictitious COVID-19 claims which is why we do not recognise any COVID-19 test conducted by any Kogite outside the boundaries of the State except those initiated by us.“Any attempt to force us to announce a case of COVID-19 will be vehemently rejected.”
Here is a tweet below confirming Kogi health commissioner, Saka Audu’s claim
We will not be a party to any fictitious Covid-19 claims which is why we do not recognise any Covid-19 test conducted by any Kogite outside the boundaries of the State except those initiated by us.
– Dr Saka Haruna Audu
Honourable Commissioner for Health
— Habib Zakawanu Onoruoyiza 📷 (@Zak_21stCM) May 28, 2020