Latest N-Power News Roundup For Today Feb. 10th, 2021
Latest N-Power News Roundup For Today Feb. 10th, 2021

Some reactions have trailed last week’s official launch by Nigerian authorities of N-Power Batch C.

N-Power is a scheme set up by President Muhammadu Buhari on June 8, 2016, to address the issues of youth unemployment and help increase social development.

N-Power Batch C: ‘They Already Know Candidates They Want To Select’ – Reactions Trail Official Launch

It was learnt that the scheme was created as a component of the National Social Investment Programme, to provide a structure for large scale and relevant work skills acquisition and development and to ensure that each participant will learn and practice most of what is necessary to find or create work.

The Permanent Secretary of the Ministry, Bashir Alkali, said in a statement last Friday in Abuja signed by Nneka Anibeze, the media aide to the Minister of Humanitarian Affairs that the Nigerian government has initiated the next stage of the enrolment process for the Batch ‘C’ applicants.

It is noteworthy that while Farouq – last week at the launch of the system developed to optimize and complement the structural reforms of Social Investment Programs and other activities of the ministry – addressed prospective Batch C beneficiaries’ worries, she completely ignored over 14, 000 N-Power Batches A and B beneficiaries who are still in the dark regarding their five-month outstanding stipend arrears.

The non-payment of 14, 200 N-Power Batches A and B beneficiaries means that the Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, as well as the Ministry of Finance, Budget and National Planning, have failed to account for N2,130,000,000 (two billion, one hundred and thirty million nairas).

“It is in view of the afore mentioned that the Ministry is requesting all those that have applied for the Batch C N-Power programme to check their respective email addresses provided at the point of application for information on how to login to the portal.

“Visit www.nasims.gov.ng to login to the applicant portal and update their personal information and records. Follow the instructions provided on the portal and take the online test.

“For enquiries, applicants are requested to contact the dedicated N-Power helpline+23418885011or email [email protected],” Alkali had said.
NASIMS portal

Farouq inaugurated the Batch ‘C’ on the National Social Investment Management Systems (NASIMS) portal on March 11, 2021, in Abuja.

During the inauguration, the ICT Consultant on NASIMS, David Ibhawoh said the NASIMS portal was a channel that the ministry would use to disseminate information to the Batch ‘C’ applicants.

He said those that applied for the N-Power Batch ‘C’ Programme before the closing date with their emails are the only ones that can have access to the portal.

He also stated that those that did not apply should not bother to log in, because, the portal would not recognise them, adding that the portal had the capacity to cope with the large numbers of candidates that have already applied.

According to All News Nigeria, Mr Ibhawoh said the portal possesses a Computer Based Test (CBT) which an applicant is expected to take and then and see his or her scores without any delay.

While some Batch C applicants have been able to take their test, it was noticed some Batch A and B beneficiaries who are still lamenting about their situation.

Despite the promise of transition and support from the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) via NEXIT, the Federal Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs, which is in charge of the N-Power scheme has not announced anything tangible since the last quarter of 2020. This, coupled with the owed stipends leave erstwhile beneficiaries fuming.

See some recent reactions below:

Facebook Comments