Below is N-Power News for Sunday, 4th of April 2021 compiled by Eye9ja:
Eye9ja has uncovered the deliberate dishing out of false news about the N-Power scheme, orchestrated by the Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development.
In one of such articles published on Saturday morning on top Nigerian newspaper, Punch, Nigerian authorities claim “beneficiaries of the Nigerian government’s N-Power scheme in Imo State staged a sensitisation rally in support of the government’s effort in fighting insecurity in the country”.
Amid intense criticism coming from owed genuine beneficiaries and the no-show in respect of the much-publicised NEXIT plan for the Batches A and B beneficiaries, the media people working for Sadiya Farouq, the Minister of Humanitarian Affairs had been using op-eds, mostly on Vanguard Newspaper to portray the N-Power scheme in good light (See an example here). But the latest one is a news report.
The report claimed that beneficiaries carried placards in support of the Federal Government’s famed scheme. But no pictorial evidence is available.
The report said beneficiaries marched round Owerri, the Imo state capital, and also claimed that the beneficiaries hailed the Nigerian government for conceptualising the scheme.
But the indisputable truth is that there are currently no graduate beneficiaries enrolled in the N-Power scheme. They had been exited from the scheme emptily since July 2020. So, where did those who sent in that report to Punch get their imagined beneficiaries?
The report apparently sent in by underfire Farouq’s Ministry claimed one Williams Ugbo, the concocted spokesperson for the beneficiaries, said 27,000 people had benefited from N-Power and other social investment programmes of the Federal Government in the state.
It was claimed that the youths danced round major streets in a motorcade, however, there is not a single evidence to prove that such rally happened in Owerri this week.
Sadiya Farouq and Humanitarian Affairs Ministry Pocketed N2.1 Billion Meant For Nigerian Youths
Over 14, 000 N-Power Batches A and B beneficiaries are still in the dark regarding their five-month outstanding stipend arrears.
Despite the promise by Sadiya Farouq to pay all outstanding stipends of exited N-Power beneficiaries before the end of 2020, the Nigerian youths are still yet to get paid – 158 days after her pledge.
It would be recalled that Farouq had in a tweet on her verified Twitter handle in October 2020 assured former N-Power beneficiaries with “legitimate claims” that they’d be settled their arrears before the start of 2021. However that promise – like many pledges by Farouq and numerous Nigerian politicians – remains empty, AllNews’ findings through communication with several Batch A and B beneficiaries revealed.
“All legitimate claims and those on verified list will be paid before the end of the year,” Farouq had stated in October 2020.
The non-payment of 14, 200 N-Power Batches A and B beneficiaries means that the Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, as well as the Ministry of Finance, Budget and National Planning, have failed to account for N2,130,000,000 (two billion, one hundred and thirty million naira).
The Ministry of Finance is the governmental organisation that releases money meant for the payment of N-Power volunteers to the Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs and Disaster Management. However, as at the time of publishing this report, AllNews cannot independently verify if the Ministry of Finance had released the fund and if Hajia Farouq is the one deliberately holding on to public money without reason.
According to a source, the Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs, specifically, is trying to silently sweep aside the issue of the money
The Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs is saddled with the responsibility of facilitating the National Social Investment Programme (NSIP) of the Federal Government.