List of Companies FG Wants to Sell or Temporarily Hand Over to Private Investors
The federal government is planning to sell or temporarily hand over control of some of the state-owned businesses to private investors.
It was reported as part of the government’s move to resuscitate the firms in 2021 and beyond.
The Bureau of Public Enterprises (BPE) has invited potential investors to take advantage of the incentives presented by the government and buy into those businesses, Leadership also reported.
The businesses reportedly marked for sale or concession are listed below:
- The Nigeria Integrated Power Projects (NIPPS); Calabar, Geregu, Omotosho and Benin (IHOVBOR)
- Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN)
- Zungeru Hydro Plant
- Nigerian Postal Service (NIPOST)
- Abuja Environmental Protection Board (AEPB)
- The Nigeria Film Corporation (NFC)
- Federal Capital Territory Water Board Abuja International Conference Centre (AICC)
- Save sugar company Lagos international trade fair complex (LTFC)
- Tafawa Balewa Square (TBS) River Basins Developments Authorities (RBDAS) Bank of Agriculture (BOA)
- The Nigeria Commodity Exchange (NCX)