What is the DAAD Scholarship?
The Deutscher Akademischer Austausch Dienst (DAAD) is a German government-funded organization that offers a range of grants and scholarships for international students wishing to pursue a study and research abroad. The DAAD scholarship is awarded to students who demonstrate excellence in their academic or professional track record and serve as ambassadors of academic exchange as especially qualified personnel. The purpose of the DAAD Scholarship is to build global understanding and promote international collaboration in higher education and research between Germany and other countries.
Is the DAAD Scholarship Fully Funded?
Yes, the DAAD Scholarship is completely funded. Depending on the program, the DAAD can cover a wide range of expenses, including:
- Tuition fees: up to €13,750 per academic year.
- Living expenses: a monthly stipend of €850 for candidates without families, or €1,050 for those with families.
- Visa and health insurance fees: these are covered by the DAAD.
- Travel expenses: a round-trip air ticket and travel allowance are provided.
- Research and study related: depending on the program, the DAAD can also provide support for language courses, projects, materials, and other expenses.
Eligibility Requirements for the DAAD Scholarship
In order to be eligible for the DAAD scholarship, applicants must fulfill certain requirements including:
- An excellent academic track record
- Fluency in English and/or German (depending on the program)
- Pursuing a full-time degree at a German university
- Previous international experience
- Be student of any nationality except German
- Age must between 18 to 30 years old
How to Apply for the DAAD Scholarship?
The application process for the DAAD Scholarship is fairly straightforward. First, you must submit your application online on the DAAD website. You will be asked to provide:
- Personal information, such as name, date of birth, email address, telephone number, etc.
- Previous work and study history
- Description of the research project you are proposing
- Financial information including statements regarding income, assets, and expenses.
- Letters of recommendation and academic transcripts.
Once your application has been processed and your eligibility verified, you will be asked to take an English or German language test, depending on the program. Results of the language tests are used for selection and ranking purposes.
In summary, the DAAD Scholarship is a highly coveted, fully funded scholarship program for international students wishing to pursue their studies in Germany. It provides comprehensive financial support for tuition, living expenses, visa fees, among others. The scholarship is merit-based and has several stringent requirements in terms of academic excellence, language proficiency, and international experience. Interested candidates must apply directly on the DAAD website, which will require them to provide personal information, research project description, financial information and other documents.