At Comeau’s Sea Life, they’re dedicated to delivering the best seafood and bait products to their valued customers, both locally and internationally. They’re currently seeking Plate Freezer Workers to join their team at the stunning Sea Life Fisheries plant in East Pubnico, Nova Scotia.
They’re on the lookout for hardworking, reliable, and enthusiastic individuals who are eager to contribute to the dedicated and collaborative team, develop their skills, and enjoy a rewarding career.
The workplace is characterized by a small yet supportive team, a clean and safe environment, and opportunities for personal growth. Comeau’s Sea Life offer competitive wages and an exciting, highly automated work environment with a touch of fun and plenty of fish stories to share.
Plate Freezer Workers Key Responsibilities
As a member of our Plate Freezer Workers team, you’ll have a range of responsibilities, including:
- Upholding a safety-first culture and adhering to Company Occupational Health and Safety Policies.
- Loading and unloading plate freezers.
- Recording date codes and maintaining accurate paperwork.
- Ensuring cleanliness and general maintenance of your work area.
- Undertaking other assigned duties as necessary.
Experience and Qualifications for Plate Freezer Workers
While forklift certification is beneficial, it’s not mandatory, as they provide comprehensive on-the-job training. Here’s what they’re looking for:
- Effective verbal communication skills to maintain open dialogue with supervisors and colleagues.
- Ability to lift, push, and/or pull up to 50lbs.
- Comfortable working in a cool environment and wearing appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Reliability, punctuality, and the ability to work within timelines.
- A positive, friendly, and professional customer service demeanor.
Critical Skills Needed from Plate Freezer Workers
We value these qualities in our team members:
- Reliability with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Safety consciousness.
- Professional and courteous attitude.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills for effective collaboration.
- A great sense of humor.
Location: 1065 Nova Scotia Trunk 3, Lower East Pubnico, NS B0W 2A0
Working Schedule: Hours vary based on production needs, with some evening and weekend shifts during peak seasons (overtime available).
Reporting to: Refrigeration Supervisor
Additional Requirements: Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada and bondable.
Estimated Salary: $32,224 – $40,802 a year
Are you ready to dive in? Apply now!
We are committed to diversity and inclusion, welcoming applicants from historically underrepresented groups such as indigenous persons, racially visible persons, persons with disabilities, women, and individuals of minority sexual orientations and/or gender identities. We also extend our warm welcome to new Canadians establishing themselves in Nova Scotia.
All interviews prioritize your safety and adhere to appropriate practices, conducted via phone or online.
Job Type: Full-time